Here, please find resources for my workshops at MACUL 2018 on March 9.
Friday, 10:00 – 11:30
Now I See It: Integrating Video Tools
Many districts are currently implementing BYOD and 1:1 models to support blended and online learning, often on different platforms and different devices. Because of this, video is coming to the forefront as a primary tool for teachers. Teachers are utilizing video for instruction, remediation, and assessment. They are creating their own videos, using others’ videos to provide content for students, and having students create their own video artifacts. Thinking about how to assess student learning of the content they watch – as well as content that they create – is critical, and teachers must be aware of tools that can support both formative and summative assessment. During this workshop, we will learn how to use a wide range of resources to create videos through screencasting and animation, provide feedback quickly and easily on videos, use video for assessment, and use video to create community and support discussions.
- Participants will explore a variety of digital tools for video that can be used for instruction, remediation, and discussion, as well as student creation of video artifacts to demonstrate understanding.
- What kind of thinking do we want students to do?
- Copyright Questions?
- Video management
- MyVRSpot (Web)
- Screencasting tools
- Explainer video creation tools
- Participants will explore a variety of digital tools that can be used for video feedback and assessment.
- Participants will utilize several of the introduced tools to create, modify, or transform a video resource.
- Public Domain and Creative Commons Video Materials
- Video Download
- Video creation
- Video annotation and discussion
Still need other options? Search on AlternativeTo.
Special promotion sponsored by MyVRSpot.