- Shanahan, T., & Shanahan, C. (2008). Teaching Disciplinary Literacy to Adolescents: Rethinking Content- Area Literacy. Harvard Educational Review, 78(1), 40–59.
- Video clip of Cynthia Shanahan talking about disciplinary literacy
- Robinson, K. (2011). Out of Our Minds: Learning to be Creative. Hoboken, NJ: John Wiley & Sons.
- 3-D Bloom’s Taxonomy from Iowa State University Center for Excellence in Learning and Teaching
- Ritchhart, R., Church, M., & Morrison, K. (2011). Making Thinking Visible: How to Promote Engagement, Understanding, and Independence for All Learners (1 edition). San Francisco, CA: Jossey-Bass.
- See, Think, Wonder with Padlet Wall
- Frayer Model/ Definition Map
- “4As Activity” – Assume, Agree, Argue, Aspire
- Wonderopolis: “The excitement of learning that comes from curiosity and wonder is undeniable, and Wonderopolis helps create learning moments in everyday life…”
- Tween Tribune: “… a free online educational service offered by the Smithsonian for use by K-12 grade Teachers and students…”
- “4Cs Activity” – Connections, Challenges, Concepts, Changes
- Lightning Round
- Exploring Ideas
- Audio Feedback
- Author’s Craft
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.