In this chapter, Troy Hicks and Andy Schoenborn describe their stance of invitation in detail. They argue that offering invitations creates confident writers by:
- Providing opportunities for innovative genres and authentic audiences;
- Introducing generative patterns of peer response;
- Balancing a sense of structure with possibilities for exploration;
- Demonstrating flexible aspects of writing that can contribute to an author’s craft.
Here are the links presented in the chapter, in order:
Creating Confident Writers: Writing Grows Out of Many Purposes (Textbox)
- Gardner, T. (2011). Designing Writing Assignments.
Creating Confidence from the First Moments
- Koyczan. S. & and Epperson, H. (2013). “Remember How We Forgot.” (Video)
- Koyczan, S. (n.d.). “Remember How We Forgot.” (Lyrics)
Activity 1.1: Creating Space for Creative Writing
Activity 1.2: Trending Topics
- Sinek, S. (2014). “How great leaders inspire action.” (Video)