To view the most comprehensive list of my academic writing, please visit my Google Scholar page.
Selected Articles and Chapters (Openly Available Online)
- Hicks, T. (2018). The next decade of digital writing. Voices From the Middle, 25(4), 9–14.
- Hicks, T., & Turner, K. H. (2013). No longer a luxury: Digital literacy can’t wait. English Journal, 102(6).
- Hicks, T., Turner, K. H., & Stratton, J. (2013). Reimagining a Writer’s Process through Digital Storytelling. LEARNing Landscapes, 6(2), 167–183.
- Hicks, T., Young, C., Kajder, S., and Hunt, B. (2012) Same as it ever was: Enacting the promise of teaching, writing, and new media. English Journal, (101)3, 68–74.
- Hicks, Troy. (2010, January). Transforming Our Understanding of Copyright and Fair Use.
- Reed, D., & Hicks, T. (2009). From the Front of the Classroom to the Ears of the World: Podcasting as an Extension of Speech Class. In A. Herrington, K. Hodgson, & C. Moran (Eds.), Teaching the New Writing: Technology, Change, and Assessment in the 21st Century Classroom (pp. 124-139). Teachers College Press/National Writing Project.
- Kittle, P., & Hicks, T. (2009). Transforming the Group Paper with Collaborative Online Writing. Pedagogy: Critical Approaches to Teaching Literature, Language, Composition, and Culture, 9, 525-538.
- Hicks, T., Russo, A., Autrey, T., Gardner, R., Kabodian, A., & Edington, C. (2007). Rethinking the Purposes and Processes for Designing Digital Portfolios. Journal of Adult and Adolescent Literacy, 50, 450-458.
- Hicks, Troy, & Reed, D. (2007). Keepin’ it Real: Multiliteracies in the English Classroom. Language Arts Journal of Michigan: The Scholarly Journal of the Michigan Council of Teachers of English, 23(1), 11-19.
- Grabill, J., & Hicks, T. (2005). Multiliteracies Meet Methods: The Case for Digital Writing in English Education. English Education.
- Autrey, T. M., O’Berry Edington, C., Hicks, T., Kabodian, A., Lerg, N., Luft-Gardner, R., Russo, A., et al. (2005). More Than Just a Web Site: Representing Teacher Research through Digital Portfolios. English Journal, 95, 65-70.
- Hicks, Troy, Kruch, M. A., Webster, R., & Nobis, M. (2004). Seeing Professional Development through Teachers’ Eyes: A Closer Look at a Site of the National Writing Project. Language Arts Journal of Michigan, 20, 20-26.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.
Page updated January 5, 2019.