In this chapter, Troy Hicks and Andy Schoenborn describe expand on their stance of invitation. They argue that setting goals creates confident writers by:
- Acknowledging who they are as writers, including their skills and interests, helping them envision where they would like to be;
- Empowering writers to get in touch with their personal writing purposes;
- Engaging in regular routines that build and maintain reading and writing momentum;
- Strengthening a writer’s sense of investment or involvement.
Here are the links presented in the chapter, in order:
Activity 2.1: Living Your Literacy Journey
- Bailey, E. (2018, September 7). My E.L.A. Journey; From Beginning to Other Beginnings.
Activity 2.2: A Letter to Future Me
Activity 2.3: Intentional Planning with Project Proposals
- HON 206 Project Proposal Template (will “force copy” a GDoc)
- Lori and Julia’s “The History and Legends of CMU” StoryMap Project
- StoryMaps JS