In this chapter, Troy Hicks and Andy Schoenborn build on their stance of celebration. They argue that reflecting and celebrating growth creates confident writers by:
- Seeking permission to share student writers’ powerful work in online spaces and tagging their names so others can lavish them with genuine praise;
- Asking them to pause periodically to consider their personal literacy gains;
- Showcasing their writing talents in public spaces with authentic audiences;
- Documenting their writing processes in metacognitive ways that create a visible account of their growth as writers.
Here are the links presented in the chapter, in order:
Portfolios as Portraits of Growth
Activity 6.1: Reading Analysis Blog Post
- Reading Analysis Survey Assignment
- Davis, T. (2018, November 16). Marking Period 2 Reading Analysis.