Danielle Nicole DeVoss asks us to think about what digital was then and is now…
- Networked — we compose in networked spaces
- Collaborative — people are able to connect and create through these networks (LolCats)
- Multimodal — typography, kinetic type, digital stories
- Re-Mediated — taking a media object and recreating it so it moves across media; moving across text to audio to video (StarzBunnies)
- Remixed — taking bits and pieces and parts of other media to create new messages and meaning
- Policed — digital millennium copyright act; You Tube copyright issues (Fair Use)
- (Requires) Critical thinking — because of the visuals (Harry Potter, Redbook)
- (Can be) Democratic — Iran and Twitter, YouTube Debates
Writing is Digital — this is, as Elyse put it, our moment.
This work is licensed under a
Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 United States License.