Renewing Revision: Teaching Targeted Peer Review
2018 Michigan Reading Association Annual Conference
Saturday, March 17, 1:00 – 2:00 PM
Room 251 B
[googleapps domain=”docs” dir=”presentation/d/e/2PACX-1vRuWUHZjbi2Tkzvg49fS6jm7glWhoXOLT32us9qRwMK22l1M0k9a0J_hBoBRy76fSqTXaZGuvCv2e_p/embed” query=”start=false&loop=false&delayms=3000″ width=”640″ height=”389″ /]
- Wray’s RISE model for offering meaningful feedback (Reflect, Inquire, Suggest, Elevate).
- Emily Wray’s “Five Minutes of Fame” Talk about the RISE Model
- What Research Says About Driving Growth for Writers With Practice, Feedback and Revision by Troy Hicks
- In what ways does feedback help keep students engaged in their relationship to the content, the instructor, and one another?
Resources to Try
- Audio Feedback
- Voxer (iOS and Android)
- Voxer Versatility: New Ways to Communicate by Brian Sztabnik
- Explore how educators are using the Voxer app – #eduvoxers – by UPenn GSE
- Also consider:
- Video Feedback
- Screencastify (Chrome)
- Also consider
- Written Feedback
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.